Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Healing Power of Birch Sap


I have always loved the beauty of the Birch tree... I'm an admitted Tree Hugger and there is no tree that I don't love. Recently I was hospitalized for pain in the place where my gallbladder had been removed. Long story short, it seems that one of my main health issues stems around the elevated cholesterol that my body produces. I have cut out saturated fats (for the most part), lost eighteen pounds, and have done research on natural products to lower cholesterol. Serendipitously, I saw a container of Birch Sap in the supermarket the other day and decided to give it a try. To my surprise it's main health benefit is the elimination of cholesterol from the body. Other health benefits include it use as a mild diuretic, anti-rheumatic, anti-infective. Externally it can be used to promote healing of eczema and other forms of dermatitis. As I was making my purchase an older woman with a very ruddy complexion told me she was buying the birch sap for her unnamed, but obvious skin disorder. Well, for the cost of $1.99 a quart I think we were both making a healthy choice of medicine for our ailments. Will keep you posted of any progress!

Here is the link to my research: http://www.liveandfeel.com/medicinalplants/birch_tree.html

2 comments:

  1. Great idea Wendy. Trees are so beneficial in many ways. Couldn't be without them. Like you, I love them and there are so many of them over here! It's joyous.
    Blessings, Star

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Star! I make it a point to research plants and trees which I am unfamiliar with so I can share the knowledge with my grand-daughter. I am still amazed by the vast amount of information on the web and hope to share some of my findings with others. Brightest Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete